40 years of broad business experience working with start-ups, small businesses & large international companies. Investing in start-ups, business mentoring & business plan assessment & awarding loans.
- Angel investing for eight years including sitting on the Board of two start-ups.
- 14 years working with start-ups and SME’s
- Mentoring for the Princes Trust Charity for ten years as well as Start Up Direct.
- Chairing Business Launch Panels at the Princes Trust & running them at Start Up Direct. This involves assessing business plans/presentations and making loan recommendations.
- Four years of international banking experience, with Lloyds Bank International
- Four years in public relations working with two large agencies, Hill & Knowlton & Welbeck PR.
- 20 years working with Gallaher Group PLC, a multinational FTSE 50 company, for seven of which I was a Director on the Group Board. This included six years of marketing & sales working with leading marketing, advertising and promotions agencies followed by ten years building the international business (Profit £250 million, 4000 employees).
- Ten years working as Non-Executive Chairman/Director/Charity Trustee on the Boards of companies involved in internet gaming, investment trust, vending, wholesale distribution & sexual health.